Since it’s National Travel & Tourism Week, we want to..well, brag a little! Clearly, people LOVE visiting Frisco, because in 2008 alone, travel spending in Frisco totaled $1.2 billion! Thank you to all of the visitors that came to Frisco to watch our four professional sports teams in action, take in an exciting concert or show, and take advantage of our stellar shopping, great food, and top-of-the line hotels!
Check out these other staggering facts about travel to Frisco:
- Direct travel spending in 2008 totaled $1.2B in Frisco
- Frisco hosted 4.3M visitors in 2008. New figures will be released in April 2013
- Travel spending supports more than 9,000 jobs in Frisco
- Retail spending accounted for $396M in revenue
- $21.2M was contributed to the local tax revenue
- Retail, restaurants and entertainment were the top 3 visitor spending types in 2008. New figures will be released in April 2013