The PGA Frisco project is a public-private partnership that includes PGA of America, Omni Hotels & Resorts, the City of Frisco and the Frisco Independent School District. The project spans 660 acres of a larger 2,500-acre development being master planned by Hunt Realty Investments and includes two 18-hole world class courses, a 10-hole short course, 30 acre practice facility, 500 Omni PGA Frisco Resort with a 127,000 sq. ft. convention center, as well as a unique golf themed retail experience, 40,000 sq. ft. clubhouse, 10,000 sq. ft. performance center and the PGA of America Headquarters and NTPGA Headquarters.
The golf courses, tournaments and hotel and conference center are estimated to have an $2.5+ billion economic impact over the next 20 years. This signature development will anchor north Frisco, which utilizes 400 acres +/- of floodplain and adds to the portfolio of professional sports already located in Frisco.
The project also includes a 3.5-mile-long, 14’ wide paved hike and bike trail. Public access to 65% of annual available golf rounds will be available, along with discounts for Frisco residents.
PGA of America plans to move into their headquarters in Spring 2022. The Omni PGA Frisco Resort and courses are expected to open in Spring 2023.
- Two Golf Courses:
- The East, designed by Gil Hanse
- The West, designed by Beau Welling
- Three-level, 40,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse
- 10-hole lighted par three short course
- 75,000 sq. ft. lighted putting course
PGA Frisco Championships
PGA of America has committed 26 championships in the first twelve years of operations.
- 2023, 2029: KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
- 2023 - 2034: PGA Jr. League Championship
- 2024, 2030, 2033: PGA Professional Championship
- 2025, 2031: KPMG Women's PGA Championship
- 2026: Boys & Girls Junior PGA Championship
- 2027, 2034: PGA Championship
- 2027: PGA Cup
- 2028: Senior PGA Professional Championship
- 2032: National Car Rental Assistant PGA Professional Championship
Omni PGA Frisco Resort
- Hotel Rooms: 501 guest rooms and suites, ten four-bedroom golf villas
- F&B Outlets: 11
- Event Center: 129,000 sq. ft.
- Spa: 20 Treatment Rooms
- Pools: 4
- Retail Highlights: Lounge by TopGolf, PGA Performance Center, Icehouse, Pop Up Pavilion/Stage and more.
PGA of America relocating headquarters to Frisco as part of innovative public-private partnership; Deal also links Omni Hotels & Resorts, Stillwater Capital, City of Frisco, FISD and Hunt Realty…
Set to become the modern home of American golf, construction begins on the $500 million development by Omni Hotels & Resorts FRISCO, TX (May 4, 2021) – Omni Hotels & Resorts announced today the start…